In a digital mailroom, incoming information arriving by mail, email, fax or other channels is captured and moved into a digital workflow. Hard-copy correspondence and forms are scanned, digitized and automatically routed to appropriate departments for handling. The hardcopies are barcoded and stored at our records facility for any future reference.
A digital mailroom is a cornerstone of any Organisation —the strategies, tools and technologies for managing an organisation's information through its entire lifecycle.
The goal of a digital mailroom is to automate where possible to reduce the number of manual touches. After documents are scanned and digitized, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology extracts and validates information for use in databases and business applications.
The benefits of a digital mailroom are numerous, and include:
- Improved responsiveness to customers
- Reduced transaction time
- Improved searchability and shareability of documents
- Improved project collaboration
- Improved information security and compliance
- Can free up facility space used for work or document storage
- Can reduce headcount required for manual processes